Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Abrasive Wheels Training course is aimed towards all personnel who use abrasive wheels in the workplace.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide all relevant personnel with the knowledge required to understand the hazards and controls associated with the use of abrasive wheels.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by providing personnel with knowledge of how to avoid risks and hazards when using abrasive wheels, subsequently reducing accidents and injuries in the workplace.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what is meant by the term ‘Abrasive Wheel’
• Explain the legislative requirements for abrasive wheels
• Give examples of different types of abrasive wheels
• Explain how abrasive wheels operate
• Explain the importance of using guards during grinding operations
• Explain the requirements for portable and hand-held grinding machines
• Explain the main hazards of grinding operations
• Give examples of common problems faced when using abrasive wheels
• Explain what the PPE requirements are during grinding operations
• Identify the safety measures that must be in place during grinding operations
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".