Who is this course for?
All well intervention personnel working with tools where explosives are an integrated part of the operation
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to give learners an introduction to explosives used in well intervention operations
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an introduction to explosives used in well intervention operations
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain why explosives are used in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Give examples of some of the dangers of working with explosives
• Identify different types of explosives
• Give an overview of primary and secondary explosives
• Explain the dangers of detonators
• Explain the role of detonators
• Identify common explosive materials used in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Explain why temperature is a factor in selecting explosives
• Explain the role of combustion in the use of explosives
• Give examples of different types of explosives equipment
• Describe the role of a perforating gun
• Describe the use of explosive charges and explain how they operate
• Describe the purpose of detonating cords
• Describe the purpose of plug setting
• Describe the purpose of tubing punch
• Describe the purpose of a string shot
• Explain how to transport and handle explosives
• Explain how to manage fire situations
• Explain the importance of training and competence in the safe handling of explosives
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...