Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who require a basic overview of gas processing. As an introductory course, it is particularly suited to those new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Natural gas must be processed so that it is the correct specification for sale or for further processing. This course will give you an introduction to the main gas processing operations and systems.
It will also introduce natural gas liquids (NGLs) and explain the main NGL recovery processes.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how gas is processed, you will have a better understanding of your industry and the work that your company does. You will also be better able to work with gas processing systems.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Know the purpose of gas processing
• Know gas specifications
• Know the types of gas processes
• Know the major gas processes
• Understand the nature of NGL and its markets
• Know the main NGL recovery processes
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV