Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals in the process industries who are required to work with pressure and temperature sensing equipment. As an introductory course, it is particularly suited to those who are new to their role or industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Pressure and temperature be very dangerous so it's vital that process pipelines and systems are monitored and kept within safe operating conditions. This course will give you a basic understanding of the ways in which pressure and temperature are monitored.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities when working with process systems. It will also identify the most common types of pressure and temperature sensing equipment.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the how to operate pressure and temperature sensing equipment, you can work safely with process systems. This will help to reduce incidents and make your worksite a safer place.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define the key terms that are associated with basic pressure measurement
• Explain the basic principles of pressure measurement
• Identify two most common types of pressure sensing elements: the manometer and the bourdon tube, and their basic principles of operation
• Explain the basic principles of temperature measurement
• Identify the different types of temperature sensors and how to select the best sensor for a given application
• Identify what thermometers are, the two most common types, and their basic principles of operation.
• Identify what liquid filled temperature sensing systems and thermocouples are, and their basic principles of operation
• Identify what a resistance temperature detector (RTD) is, and its basic principles of operation
• Describe the key elements of a simple measurement system
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,