Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the oil and gas industry who require an overview of the plant safety systems. As an introductory course, it is particularly suited to those who are new to their role or the industry.
Is previous experience required?
It is assumed that you are competent in your designated role. As this is the second part of our Introduction to Safety Systems course, it is also assumed that you have a basic understanding of the content covered in Part 1 – area classifications and emergency shutdown and depressuring systems.
How will the course benefit me?
Safety systems are incorporated into process plants and equipment to prevent abnormal conditions from escalating into a major accident. The knowledge gained in this course will help you to feel confident that your workplace is a safe working environment, despite the hazardous processes taking place there.
This course will give you a basic overview of the fire and gas systems and the flare system. It will also identify the purpose of relief valves and rupture discs.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the safety systems that are in place at your asset, you can work safely with these systems and know how to respond in the event of abnormal conditions or an emergency situation. You will also increase your familiarity with the common systems used within the industry.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the main function of Fire and Gas Systems.
• Explain how Gas Detectors work.
• Explain the purpose of Relief Valves
• Explain the purpose of Pressure Safety Valves
• Explain the purpose of Rupture Discs
• Describe the function of the Flare system
• Describe the function of the Atmospheric Vent
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Mintra Holding AS will hold its Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 26 May 21 at 1300 CET.
The board of directors hereby convenes the Annual General Meeting in Mintra Holding AS (the "Company") to be held on Wednesday 26 May 2021 13:00...