Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Introduction to Subsea Control Systems Training Course is for personnel requiring awareness or understanding of subsea control systems.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of subsea control systems and has the following sections:
Section 1: Evolution of Subsea Technology
Section 2: Subsea Completions Layout
Section 3: Subsea Control Systems
Section 4: Subsea Process Control
Section 5: Subsea Technology Development
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of industry best practice in relation to Subsea Control Systems.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the evolution of subsea oil and gas well completions
• Describe the layout of subsea completions
• Describe the role of the subsea umbilical cable
• Describe how subsea actuated valves operate
• Describe how subsea valve positions are monitored
• Describe how modulated subsea valves are controlled
• Describe subsea flow control
• Describe subsea pressure control
• Describe subsea temperature monitoring
• Describe subsea sand monitoring
• Describe subsea corrosion monitoring
• Describe subsea emergency shutdown systems
• Identify some of the latest innovative developments in subsea technology
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones