Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
All relevant personnel
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to outline the risks posed by the legionella bacterium and provides an overview of the steps that should be taken to limit the risks posed to personnel in the workplace
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are informed of the risks posed by the legionella bacterium and provides an overview of the steps that should be taken to limit the risks posed to personnel in the workplace
What standards are referred to in this course?
The course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Give an overview of what legionella is and its health risk implications
• Identify the areas of concern in the workplace as well as the factors which increase the risks and hazards
• Describe how to undertake a legionella risk assessment
• Explain how to implement measures to eliminate, reduce and control the risk and spread of legionella, and
• Explain the importance of testing and analysis
• Explain the importance of record-keeping
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV