Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Managing Hydrocarbon Releases Training Course is for Personnel requiring an awareness or understanding of the management of hydrocarbon releases.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of managing hydrocarbon releases
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of managing hydrocarbon releases
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the history of the hydrocarbon release risk reduction process
• Describe safety instrumented systems
• Describe the introduction of control of work procedures
• Describe isolation procedures
• Describe fire and gas detection systems
• Describe hydrocarbon release reporting
• Describehow different hydrocarbon fluids behave on release and describe how hydrocarbon mixtures may undergo a phasechange
• Explain the dangers of exposure to hydrogen sulphide (H2S) and identify the symptoms of H2S poisoning
• Describe the range of leak rates that can occur with the different types of failure
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".