Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Any members of management, supervisor and shipboard management responsible for Ballast Water.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
The primary goal of this course are awareness and knowledge of Ballast Water Management in accordance with the International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships' Ballast Water and Sediments, referred to as the BWM Convention.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are familiar with the best practices related to Ballast Water Management.
What standards are referred to in this course?
In compliance with IMOs Ballast Water Management Convention (BWMC) 2004 and industry best practice, and complying with US trade and US Coast Guard.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Know the historical background, the main structure and the aim of the Convention.
• Be familiar with the crew and staff obligations under the BWM Convention, including requirements for a ballast water management plan and ballast water record book.
• Know the adopted regulatory requirements and enforcement of ballast water management.
• Know how to prevent the negative effects of ballast-borne invasive species.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation