Buy and assign to
via email link
This eLearning course is the first of two stages to achieving the STCW certificate. A signed agreement is required by the shipowner before the on board exercises can occur.
The second stage is carried out on board the vessel and requires an Evaluator and the completion of exercises and a checklist. An Evaluator can be the vessel Captain, a qualified assessor, the Master / Chief Engineer, or Rig Manager.
Once the on board checklist is signed and completed it is emailed with the supporting documentation to email@example.com for review. Mintra awards the STCW certificate on approval of the checklist and eLearning certificate with a 70% pass mark.
To carry out the on board training, the shipowner is required to first sign an agreement for decentralised training with Mintra. This is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the training programme.
Who is the course for?
This course is for personnel who require an insight into Norwegian maritime rules and regulations.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an introduction to the Norwegian maritime rules and regulations and to provide details of how much of an influence Norway has over the global maritime industry.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will benefit shipping operators and companies by ensuring that their staff have an awareness of the Norwegian Maritime Authority, Norwegian maritime rules and regulations and all other relevant legislation.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Explain the organisation and responsibilities of the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA)
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Norwegian Ship Registries
• Describe the relationship between Norwegian maritime laws and regulations and the International Maritime Organization (IMO) codes and regulations
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Norwegian Maritime Code
• Explain how maritime labour law is implemented by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA)
• Describe how the International Safety Management (ISM) Code is used to safely operate the management of ships
• Describe how the Certificate of Competence (CoC) and Endorsements are handled
• Give an overview of the medical requirements seafarers must meet to work on Norwegian ships
End of course assessment with a 70% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
This course is STCW certified by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA). International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers is a key IMO (International Maritime Organisation) convention and an internationally recognised standard in the maritime industry. NMA approved provider database