NMA STCW accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
This eLearning course is the first of two stages to achieve the STCW certificate. A signed agreement is required by the shipowner before the on board exercises can take place.
The second stage is carried out on board the vessel and requires an Evaluator and the completion of exercises and a checklist. An Evaluator can be the vessel Captain, a qualified assessor, the Master / Chief Engineer, or Rig Manager.
Once the on board checklist is signed and completed it is emailed with the supporting documentation to email@example.com for review. The STCW certificate is awarded by Mintra on approval of the checklist and eLearning certificate with a 70% pass mark.
To carry out the on board training, the shipowner is required to first sign an agreement for decentralised training with Mintra. This is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the training programme.
Who is this course for?
Any person conducting an in-service assessment of the competence of an on board candidate.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
The aim of this course is to enable you as an on-board assessor to supervise the training and monitor the competence of seafarers. A seafarer's competence must meet the standards of the STCW Code.
This course is approved by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA) on behalf of IMO.
This course will be a part of a blended learning in two stages:
- The first stage is this eLearning course
- The second stage will be the on board exercises and checklist
The training will be complete when all the elements of the checklist pertaining to your on board assessor
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are qualified and certified as an Onboard Assessor.
What standards are referred to in this course?
STCW Onboard Assessor (A-I/6)
This course is approved by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
This course is a combined training consisting of eLearning and onboard training (exercises and checklist).
• Apply the international provisions concerning the training and assessment of officers and ratings on board ships
• Be familiar with relevant terms in the STCW Convention
• Select the most effective assessment methods
• Organise and conduct on-board assessment
Online assessment at the end of the eLearning with a 70% pass mark followed by the completion of on board exercises and checklist.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
This course is STCW certified by the Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA). International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers is a key IMO (International Maritime Organisation) convention and an internationally recognised standard in the maritime industry. NMA approved provider database
The Work Shop Pte Ltd has been appointed as a partner to support sales in the region