RoSPA and CPD accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals who work in noisy industrial environments.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Very noisy work environments can cause damage to your hearing that cannot be repaired. This course will give you a basic understanding of why noise can be a problem at work and what you and your employer can do about it.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities when working in a noisy environment. It will also provide an overview of the different types of hearing loss.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of noise at work, you can take appropriate measures to protect your hearing and help your company to stay in compliance with regulations and legislation.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is written with reference to the UK Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005. It also uses current HSE guidance and industry best practices throughout.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the regulations in place to control noise at work
• State how sound is measured
• Explain the hierarchy of control for noise at work
• Outline how assessment of noise and health helps control noise at work
• Describe the different types of hearing loss
• Summarise your responsibilities relating to noise at work
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV
A major expansion of Mintra’s maritime-specific eLearning course library will help the industry rise to the challenge of digitalisation