Who is the course for?
This Noise at Work Online Training course is aimed at individuals who work in noisy industrial environments.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Very noisy work environments can cause damage to your hearing that cannot be repaired. This course will give you a basic understanding of why noise can be a problem at work and what you and your employer can do about it.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities when working in a noisy environment. It will also provide an overview of the different types of hearing loss.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of noise at work, you can take appropriate measures to protect your hearing and help your company to stay in compliance with regulations and legislation.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is written with reference to the UK Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005. It also uses current HSE guidance and industry best practices throughout.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the regulations in place to control noise at work
• State how sound is measured
• Explain the hierarchy of control for noise at work
• Outline how assessment of noise and health helps control noise at work
• Describe the different types of hearing loss
• Summarise your responsibilities relating to noise at work
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
This course is RoSPA approved. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has been working towards their vision for life, free from serious accidental injury, since 1916. RoSPA approval offers quality assurance, increasing credibility with customers, the public and staff, and ensuring that the safety content of courses is correct. www.rospa.com
Mintra will be exhibiting at Maritime Cyprus 2022, and co-sponsoring the opening reception, one of the most significant maritime events globally.