CPD and IOSH accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Asbestos Awareness Training eLearning course is aimed at all personnel who may be exposed to asbestos at, or above, the permissible exposure levels, and personnel who perform housekeeping or maintenance operations in areas that have asbestos-containing materials and potential asbestos-containing materials.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an understanding of the hazards associated with exposure to asbestos. It will also identify where asbestos may be found, how it can potentially affect your health, and what you need to do to protect yourself from exposure.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will benefit companies by ensuring learners have the knowledge to protect themselves from exposure to asbestos.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The Asbestos Industry Regulations 1931
• Asbestos (Prohibitions) Regulations 1985
• Control of Asbestos Regulations
• The European Union’s directive
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify what asbestos is
• Identify the hazards of asbestos
• Identify the various types, properties and uses of asbestos
• Identify areas where asbestos may still be found and describe how to identify its presence
• Identify the risk reduction methods when working with asbestos
• Identify the general procedures to deal with in an emergency involving the uncontrolled release of dust containing asbestos
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the world’s Chartered body for safety and health professionals. The IOSH brand stands for excellent products, high-quality standards and thought leadership in safety and health. IOSH approval means that the course content contains relevant health and safety information, courses are pitched at the appropriate level and meet the highest standards for trainer competence and course quality.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that was once widely used in a variety of industries
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".