Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Atmospheric Emissions Training eLearning course is aimed at personnel working in industries which release pollutants into the air as a result of their operations.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By providing you with an awareness of the environmental issues associated with atmospheric emissions and how these impacts can be minimised.
How will the course benefit my company?
Personnel who are aware of the impacts of environmental emissions and how they can be controlled can help to ensure compliance with regulations and reduce harm to the environment.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• Climate Change Act
• The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) Annex VI
• Merchant Shipping (Prevention of Air Pollution from Ships) Regulations
• Offshore Combustion Installations (Pollution Prevention and Control) Regulations (PPC Regulations)
• Petroleum Act
• Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading Scheme
• Ozone-depleting Substances Regulations
• Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Regulations
• Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the sources and composition of atmospheric emissions
• Describe the environmental impacts associated with atmospheric emissions
• Describe the regulatory controls relating to atmospheric emissions
• Explain the permitting, monitoring and reporting requirements related to atmospheric emissions
• Explain the ways in which companies can manage their atmospheric emissions to minimise environmental impact
• Describe the everyday actions that all personnel can take in order to reduce atmospheric emissions
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones