Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in industries which release pollutants into the air via their operations.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Industrial emissions release a variety of chemicals into the air that can have a harmful effect on the environment. This course will give you a basic understanding of the types and sources of atmospheric emissions and how they can be reduced and controlled.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to comply with legislative requirements for monitoring and controlling emissions. It will also indicate the key roles and responsibilities involved in the management of industrial emissions.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the regulations and legislation surrounding atmospheric emissions, you can help ensure that your company remains compliant. Lowering emissions reduces your company's impact on the environment and is part of being an environmentally responsible operator.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course references international initiatives such as the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change 1992, the Kyoto Protocol, the Paris Agreement, and the Montreal Protocol 1987. The course also references Annex 6 of MARPOL 73/78 (the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships), as well as following industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
• Describe the sources of atmospheric emissions from industrial activities
• Explain the environmental issues associated with atmospheric emissions
• Describe the legislative controls over atmospheric emissions
• Describe the atmospheric emissions permitting process
• Identify good environmental practice to reduce atmospheric emissions
• Describe the monitoring and reporting requirements for atmospheric emissions
• Explain the key roles and responsibilities in minimising atmospheric emissions
• Explain how the company manages atmospheric emission issues
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones