Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Banksman & Slinger Training course is for personnel requiring an awareness or understanding of the role of Banksmen and Slingers.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to give an overview of the roles of the Banksman and Slinger
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure you have an overview of the roles of the Banksman and Slinger
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Give an overview of the role of the Banksman and Slinger in lifting operations used in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Describe the role of the Banksman
• Describe the role of the Slinger
• Outline the main hazards associated with lifting and rigging
• Describe the hand signals commonly used in lifting operations
• Describe the importance of a Tool Box Talk
• Describe rigging selection
• Outline pre-lift checks
• Describe the safe execution of the lift
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".