Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
The target group for the course is all personnel that need to take the Basic Safety Course.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course covers the theoretical part of the basic safety course (offshore) which is mandatory for all offshore workers on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the requird theory related to the mandatory basic safety training.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Basic training for Offshore Personnel on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 70%.
• Describe which key parts of the HES regulations regulate the petroleum industry.
• Describe the purpose of the internal control system and the supervisory authorities.
• Describe employer and employee responsibilities according to the Working environment regulations.
• Describe the purpose and means of the Emergency response organisation.
• Describe the different emergency alarms, and know the emergency number (112).
• Describe the “zero philosophy”, its values and visions.
• Describe the regulatory requirements for reporting incidents offshore.
• Identify mandatory protective equipment.
• Identify special protective equipment required when working with chemicals.
• Describe necessary permissons and restrictions when travelling offshore.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Today, only little more than 1 per cent of the global seafaring workforce is female. Whilst this is an impressive 45 per cent