Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Chemical Use in Drilling & Well Operations Training course is for personnel requiring awareness or understanding of typical chemicals in use for well operations.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an awareness of industry best practice for working with chemicals in offshore drilling and well operations
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of industry best practice for working with chemicals in offshore drilling and well operations
What standards are referred to in this course?
Offshore Chemicals Regulations (OCR) 2002
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the purpose of chemical use in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Give an overview of the legislation and regulations governing the use of chemicals in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Give examples of the types of chemicals commonly used in drilling and well operations
• Explain the role of Safety Data Sheets and Hazard Labels
• Identify the hazards chemicals pose to personnel and the control measures that can be taken to mitigate the risks
• Describe the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working with chemicals
• Explain how to effectively manage a chemical spill
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones