CPD and IOSH accredited
Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH) eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the UK oil and gas industry who are required to carry out work with or near chemicals and hazardous substances.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Many substances used in the oil and gas industry can cause harm to health if the appropriate precautions are not taken. This course will give you a basic overview of the COSHH regulations and how they help to protect workers from hazardous substances.
How will the course benefit my company?
Ensuring personnel are familiar with the requirements of the COSHH Regulations will help to reduce the risk of accidents, incidents and injuries occurring in the workplace.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
• The European Union (EU) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations
• The United Kingdom (UK) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Recognise how the COSHH regulations apply to the Oil and Gas Industry
• Identify the legal obligations under COSHH for both employees and employers
• Identify the health effects of working with hazardous substances, and the various ways that these can enter the body
• Recognise the importance of Safety Data Sheets, Labels and Assessments
• Recognise the common labelling system and identify standard symbols
• Identify appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
• Identify the requirements for storage, handling and disposal of hazardous substances
• Recognise appropriate control measures for handling hazardous substances
• Identify the process for dealing with hazardous substances in the event of a spill
• Recall recording and reporting requirements
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari</p>\n<p>• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
This course is CPD accredited. Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the largest and leading independent CPD accreditation organisation working across all industry sectors. www.cpuk.co.uk
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the world’s Chartered body for safety and health professionals. The IOSH brand stands for excellent products, high-quality standards and thought leadership in safety and health. IOSH approval means that the course content contains relevant health and safety information, courses are pitched at the appropriate level and meet the highest standards for trainer competence and course quality.
Safety is a crucial element in any workplace, and it's vital to ensure it's a top priority.
The Skilled Worker Portal is accessible and access to the listed courses will last for 3 months, closing on 31st August 2020.