Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Introduction to Oil & Gas Training course is aimed at personnel from all sectors of the Oil and Gas Industry – government agencies, authorities, operators, contractors and service companies. It is especially valuable for newcomers to the industry and non-technical personnel working in areas like HR, finance, IT, contracts and administration who feel they could benefit from gaining a wider appreciation of the ‘bigger picture'.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an introduction to each key phase of the exploration and production industry.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of each key phase of the exploration and production industry.
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Give an overview of the origins of hydrocarbons
• Explain how oil and gas reservoirs are formed
• Identify types of reservoir rock and fluid properties
• Explain the difference between Upstream vs. Downstream
• Give an overview of oil and gas supply and demand
• Give an overview of the costs involved in oil and gas production
• Identify global oil and gas fields
• Give an overview of the stages involved in the exploration and production process
• Give an overview of the processes and methods used to search for oil and gas
• Explain how oil and gas discoveries are developed
• Explain the purpose of seismic technology
• Describe the differences between onshore and offshore developments
• Give an overview of how offshore platforms and pipelines are installed
• Give an overview of the equipment and processes involved in drilling a well
• Explain how to complete a well and prepare it for production
• Identify different types of oil and gas structures
• Describe what is meant by ‘shallow water’ and ‘deep water’ developments
• Explain reservoir production mechanisms
• Give an overview of artificial lift systems
• Explain what is meant by well stimulation
• Explain the process for the production and treatment of reservoir fluids
• Identify the main methods used to transport offshore oil and gas onshore
• Explain the process of refining oil and gas
• Provide an overview of well workover operations
• Give an overview of decommissioning obligations and solutions
• Give an overview of future energy demand
• Explain how to ensure security of supply
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...