Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Trainee Oil and Gas Operations Technicians / Deck Crew
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an introduction to the use of storage tanks
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are introducted to the use of storage tanks
What standards are referred to in this course?
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Describe the storage tanks and vessels that are commonly used in the oil and gas industry
• Explain the term ‘ullage’ and how it is applied to tank and vessel storage
• Describe floating roof tanks and their function
• Describe the ancillary equipment deployed in tank and vessel storage
• Describe the safety systems employed in tank and vessel storage
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Training consultant and Mintra SME Gareth Mathias believes knowledge is power
Mintra has teamed up with one of the UK’s leading universities to recognise and reward the brightest emerging talent in the field of technology.
SafeMetrix allows HR and crewing managers to look at the skills of seafarers beyond their CV