Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Major Accident Hazards Training course is for personnel throughout an organisation that operates within major accident hazard sectors.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an introduction to major accident hazards.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have had an introduction to major accident hazards.
What standards are referred to in this course?
The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations
The Offshore Installation and Pipeline Works (Management and Administration) Regulations (MAR)
The Offshore Installations (Prevention of Fire and Explosion and Emergency Response) Regulations (PFEER)
The Offshore Installations and Wells (Design and Construction) Regulations (DCR)
The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations (COMAH)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what is meant by the terms ‘major accident’ and ‘Major Accident Hazard’
• Describe the difference between occupational hazards and Major Accident Hazards
• Give examples of major accidents and recognise why and how they occurred
• Describe how barrier models are used to identify and mitigate risk
• Give examples of systems which can help prevent Major Accident Hazards
• Explain what is meant by a Safety and Environmentally Critical Element
• Explain the importance of Safety Critical Maintenance
• Explain what is meant by a Safety Critical Task
• Explain how human factors relate to Major Accident Hazards
End of course exam with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
In this blog post, we will dive deep into the world of crew rotation software
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTO OR WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA,...