Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel requiring and awarneess and understanding of welding operations and appropriate safety controls.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of industry best practice in relation to welding operations
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure you have an overview of industry best practice in relation to welding operations
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify common welding activities in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Identify some of the hazards that can be present during welding operations
• Give an overview of different welding methods
• Describe typical PPE requirements for welding operations
• Identify the common problems that can be encountered during welding operations
• Describe the steps that should be taken to mitigate any risks and to help prevent accidents during welding operations
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,