Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Safety & Environmental Management Systems (SEMS) (US) Training course is for personnel requiring an introduction to SEMS in the US.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide personnel with an understanding of the key elements of a Safety and Environmental Management System.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an understanding of the key elements of a Safety and Environmental Management System.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Give examples of past incidents to demonstrate the importance of utilizing a safety management approach to offshore operations
• Describe what is meant by the term safety management approach
• Give a brief overview of the regulations governing SEMS in relation to offshore installations carrying out activities on the Outer Continental Shelf
• Explain the purpose of Safety and Environmental Management Systems (SEMS)
• Describe the 17 key elements of a SEMS program
• Give a brief overview of the enforcement actions which can be taken by the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement in the event of operator non-compliance with the SEMS regulations
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
AI was the word on everyone’s lips at Smart4Sea Athens this year. From discussions and concerns about its inherent flaws,
Mintra.com achieves Feefo Platinum Status after three Consecutive Years of Gold, Garnering praise for outstanding service.
Innovation Director, Valentinos Steliou discusses "Delivering for the Seafarer of Tomorrow".