Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals who work on offshore oil and gas installations on the UK Continental Shelf.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
A safety case documents the measures in place to protect everyone on the installation from major accident hazards. This course will give you a basic understanding of how safety cases are used to address offshore hazards.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe in your day-to-day activities offshore and in the event there is an emergency. It will also provide an insight into the history of the oil and gas industry and why safety cases were implemented.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the contents of a safety case, you can use the document to make sure that you are familiar with hazard controls and emergency procedures. This helps to enable a swift response in the event of an emergency offshore.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course is written in reference to the following British legislation:
• The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2015 (SC15)
• The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
• The Offshore Installations (Prevention of Fire and Explosion, and Emergency Response) Regulations 1995 (PFEER)
• The Offshore Installations and Wells (Design and Construction etc.) Regulations 1996 (DCR)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain what a safety case is and why they are necessary
• Explain what a safety case is meant to ensure
• List the potential major accident hazards addressed by safety cases
• Identify the elements of a safety case
• Describe the legal requirements for having a safety case
• Describe what a verification scheme includes
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
The Mission to Seafarer's WeCare courses are now available exclusively on mintra.com