Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel who require an awareness and understanding of methods of oil and gas recovery.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an introduction to oil and gas recovery methods
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are introduced to the various ways oil and gas are recovered from the well.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain how hydrocarbons are recovered from reservoirs
• Explain the role of water injection in stimulating well production
• Give an overview of different artificial lift methods
• Give an overview of typical beam pump production
• Identify when well workovers may be required
• Give an overview of acid squeeze / acid fracturing
• Give an overview of hydraulic fracturing
• Explain how to clean well perforations
• Explain how to use coiled tubing
• Give an overview of steam-assisted gravity drainage
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
Mintra's free live webinar will bring together voices from across the maritime industry.