Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals in the oil and gas industry who are required to work with piping systems.
Is previous experience required?
It is expected that as a participant in this course you will have received formal training in your designated role and that you hold suitable qualifications.
How will the course benefit me?
Unacceptable levels of vibration can cause damage to piping and equipment and, in the worst case scenario, loss of containment, which can be a major safety and environmental hazard. This course will identify the types of vibration to which piping systems may be exposed and how vibration can be managed.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to identify vibration risks in piping systems before an incident occurs. You will also learn about how vibration is taken into account during the plant design phase.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring that piping systems are not exposed to excessive vibration, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. This will reduce the risk of loss of containment and help make your worksite a safer place.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or laws but is written to current HSE guidelines, industry best practice and standard operating procedures.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify examples of typical vibration and vibration-induced fatigue
• Recognise how vibration fatigue sits alongside corrosion and erosion as a failure mechanism
• Describe examples of vibration-induced fatigue failures in pipework
• Define the percentage of piping failures which are due to vibration-induced fatigue
• Recognise the contributing factors that explain why vibration is becoming more of an issue
• Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
• System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
• Browser - Runs on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
• Minimum browser size - 1024x672
• Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
• Notes - Not suitable for smartphones
Digital learning and human capital management software specialist Mintra has secured a NOK 1.76 million contract with a service provider for the...
From the surprise announcement by the USA and China of a joint declaration to