Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Principles of Well Integrity Training course is aimed at individuals who are required to work with wells in the oil and gas industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an overview of well integrity and its importance in maintaining safe and secure operations
This course contains the following sections:
Section 1: Well Integrity Overview
Section 2: Well Categorisation and Well Barriers
Section 3: Well Design and the Cementing Process
Section 4: Human Factors in Well Integrity
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure you have an overview of well integrity and its importance in maintaining safe and secure operations
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course is made according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Define ‘well integrity’
• Identify some of the key elements in a Well Integrity Management System (WIMS)
• Explain the importance of having a Well Integrity Policy and Well Integrity Strategy
• Give an overview of resources, roles and responsibilities
• Define ‘well barriers’
• Give an overview of a typical well barrier philosophy
• Identify well barrier envelopes
• Identify primary and secondary well barrier envelopes
• Explain why risk assessment is crucial to maintaining well integrity
• Identify the minimum considerations that should be taken into account when carrying out a risk assessment
• Identify potential well integrity considerations from outflow potential impacts
• Identify external risks to well integrity
• Give an overview of typical well integrity risk assessment techniques
• Describe how to assess well integrity anomalies
• Give an overview of well operating limits
• Give an example of a recent incident caused by integrity failure
• Describe the potential risk of loss of containment in older wells
• Describe the well categorising process
• Describe sustained casing pressure
• Describe typical well barriers
• Describe the methods for testing the strength of the well formation
• Describe the design of casing sizes and lengths
• Describe the cementing process to ensure the integrity of the well
• Describe the use of the well handover information
• Describe the role of human factors in well integrity
Exam in the e-learning course
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
An intuitive eLearning authoring tool to simplify knowledge sharing across organisations and fuel employee-generated learning.