Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is the course for?
This Climate Change and the need for Renewable Energy Solutions training course is for those who work in an industry that has a direct impact on climate change.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with an insight into how global warming is affecting Earth and what can be done by the nations, governments and associated industries to help achieve the goal of net zero before 2050.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will benefit any company that has a direct impact on global warming and will provide an overview of renewable energy solutions that can be used to help tackle the issues associated with global warming.
What standards are referenced in the course?
The Paris Agreement
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)The UN Food and Agriculture Organisation
Is there an assessment?
• Give an overview of global warming
• Explain the role of greenhouse gases (GHGs) in global warming
• Identify the key influence of climate change
• Give an overview of the predicted global changes and challenges if climate change is not effectively addressed
• Explain what must be done to reduce the effects of climate change globally
• Give an overview of the Paris Agreement and what it sets out to achieve
• Explain the role of the oil and gas industry in reducing the effects of climate change
• Identify different types of renewable energy, their advantages and disadvantages
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size – none
• Audio – requires device speaker or headphones
Emmanolia Kolias appointed as the Women's International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) Board Member