Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
All personnel involved in trenching and excavation activities.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide an overview of the hazards specific to trenching and excavation activities.
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have an overview of the hazards specific to trenching and excavation activities.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Identify the hazards associated with trenching and excavation activities
• Describe what is meant by the terms ‘excavation’ and ‘trench’
• Describe the actions that should be carried out prior to trenching and excavation activities taking place
• Describe the role of the competent person
• Identify different soil types
• Identify the main methods for protecting personnel from cave-ins
• Identify practices that help to reduce the risk of work related injuries at excavation sites
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,