Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
Personnel requiring awareness and understanding of radio operation and required communication methods.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an overview of the steps to be taken, and the terminology and phraseology to be used, by radio operators when communicating with offshore helicopter traffic.
How will this course benefit my company?
To ensure all involved personnel understand a common methodology of the steps to be taken, and the terminology and phraseology to be used, by radio operators when communicating with offshore helicopter traffic.
What standards are referred to in this course?
UK Offshore Operators Association (UKOOA)’s Guidelines for the Management of Offshore Helideck Operations
Civil Aviation Authority’s CAP 452 Aeronautical Radio Station Operator’s Guide
CAP 413 Radiotelephony Manual
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the basics of radio operation
• Outline the regulations governing radio communications
• Identify the different types of communication equipment
• Explain the process to be employed for radio communication with helicopters
• Identify the correct terminology and phraseology used in helicopter communications
• Give an overview of the actions that are required to send and relay distress and urgent communications
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones
For the second consecutive year, The Nautical Institute has awarded a Certificate of Recognition to eight of Mintra’s maritime training products,