Buy and assign to
via email link
Who is this course for?
This Working with Hazardous Substances (International) Training course is for personnel requiring awareness and understanding of hazardous substances risks and controls.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course.
How will this course benefit me?
This course provides learners with an awareness of working with hazardous substances
How will this course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are aware of working with hazardous substances so you can assist and inform best practices in your organisation.
What standards are referred to in this course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practices.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
• Explain the legal obligations for both employees and employers
• Explain the health effects of working with hazardous substances, and the various ways that these can enter the body
• Explain the use of Material Safety Data Sheets, Labels and Assessments
• Explain the common labelling system and identify the standard symbols
• Explain the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Explain requirements for storage, handling and disposal of hazardous substances
• Define the control measures for handling hazardous substances and explain the control hierarchy
• Explain the process for dealing with hazardous substances in the event of a spill
• Define the recording and reporting process
End of course assessment with an 80% pass mark.
• Internet access - users will need a device with a web browser and internet connection
• System - runs on computers, tablets and mobile devices using Windows 7 and above and MAC OS devices running IOS 11 and above
• Browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
• Minimum browser size - none
• Audio - requires device speaker or headphones